| The Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Zambia |
Mr. Konstantin Kozhanov is a career diplomat and high-ranking official of the Soviet and (since 1992) Russian Foreign Ministry having more than three decades of diplomatic service behind his belt. He has a tremendous hands-on experience and a proven track record at various positions with the Ministry and Russian diplomatic missions overseas, including:
- Senior diplomat at the Soviet/Russian Embassy in Indonesia (1984-1987; 1991-1995);
- Executive Assistant to the First Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs (1997-1999);
- Counselor of the Russian Embassy in Singapore (1999-2002);
- Chargé d'affaires of the Russian Embassy in Singapore (2002-2004);
- Head of Division under Personnel Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2004-2006);
- Deputy Director of Secretariat General (Dept), Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2007-2013);
- Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Zambia (since July 2013). Mr. Kozhanov is as well accredited as the Special Envoy of the Russian Federation to COMESA (since July 2014).
Mr. Kozhanov was born in 1960 in Moscow. He is a graduate of the International Relations Department at the Moscow University of Foreign Relations (MGIMO) (1960) and Diplomatic Academy (1997).
Fluent speaker of the English, Indonesian and Malay languages.